Who we are
We are Dental Choices, our website address is: dentalchoices.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal data you actively provide when you leave a comment, register an account with us, or fill in a form (eg our contact form), and we also collect data you passively provide such as which of our pages you have visited and which links your have clicked.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our contact forms generate an email which is automatically sent to our email account and will be treated as a normal email. The data you provide in our contact forms is also stored on our website server but only accessible to our admin staff.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, maps, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to monitor usage of our website but we request that Google uses IP address anonymisation to help protect your privacy. Find out more by reading Google Analytics’ Data privacy and security policies.
Maps & Geocoding
We use Google Maps API to provide maps for our users and we use Google Geocoding API to convert addresses into geographic coordinates so that we can find local dentists. You can find out more by reading the Google Maps Terms of Service and Legal Notices.
If you provide us with your location or address, this may be temporarily cached by our server to minimise system resources used for page reloads and help you access our service as fast as possible. This cache expires after 1 day.
We use Google reCAPTCHA to automate bot detection and help avoid getting spam. The reCAPTCHA service collects the following data from you:
- Cookies set by Google in the last 6 months
- The number of clicks (or taps) you make on that page
- The language setting in your browser
- The names and versions of plug-ins installed in your browser
- The date
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who we share your data with
As a general rule we treat all your data as confidential and do not share your data with any third parties. We certainly do not sell, rent or trade any personal information. However if any police force, regulatory body or other public authority lawfully requests us to provide personal information, we may have to comply with that request, without being obliged to inform you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata may be retained indefinitely to help identify spam.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comment data may be checked through an automated spam detection service and malicious IP addresses may be shared with an automated security service.
You can find out how to contact us on our Contact Page.